Just 2 months ago we installed our two new hives! Both hives seem to be progressing quickly and we've noticed a much more aggressive demeanor in both. Already two stings this spring!
Hive B seems to have a missing queen right now, but we introduced a frame of eggs to help them alone, and aren't concerned.
This weekend we hope to add a new brood box to Hive B (expecting that they have a laying queen now). Hive A is progressing quickly but probably won't need a honey super until mid-june.
The first image shows a queen cup in hive B- the bees will use this to replace their queen.
The second image shows a VERY built up hive. They built two sheets of comb on top of each other! Unfortunately we had to remove this.