Last weekend, we harvested 30 pounds of honey!
The removal of frames from the hive went smoothly, without any stings or issues. 24 hours before harvesting, we put a "bee escape" below the honey super, which helps clear out bees. The day of harvesting, we removed one fully capped super from Hive A, and carried it into the bee room for extraction.
We borrowed a 2-frame extractor and cold knife from our 4H beekeeping club (thank you 2B a Bee!). Once the frames were uncapped and spun, we waited a few hours for the honey to filter through two micro-filters. Finally, the honey was bottled and labelled!
I will send out an email once the honey is ready to be sold!